Children's Ministries offers training, resources, and support for those who teach and lead children at church. The conventions we hold across the division are advertised by direct mail to churches and through our web page. The programs we resource include: Sabbath School, Vacation Bible School, Children's Church, and Children's Sabbath.
The Bible makes it very clear that children are very special to God. If you examine what the Bible says about children, you will notice a great number of perspectives:
• Children are a gift from God. He gives children to parents as a special sign of love and personal fulf illment (Deut. 7:13; Ps. 127:3).
• Children are desirable. From Creation, God has instructed us to bear children (Gen. 9:7; Deut. 6:3).
• Children bring joy and blessings to adults. God provides many benefits to parents through parenting their children (Num. 5:28; Deut. 28:4, 11).
• Children need to be taught how to develop a relationship with God. One of our greatest challenges is to pass on our beliefs and understanding of God to our children (Exod. 12:26,37; Deut. 6:1-7; Prov. 22:6).
• Children are so valuable to God that He commands us to protect them. Parents are to ensure the spiritual and physical security of their children (1 Sam. 20:42; Ezra 8:21)
• God loves children enough to ensure that they receive discipline.(Prov.3:11, 12; 13:24; 19:18; Eph. 6:4).
• God enjoys the nature and personality of children and asks adults to learn from them. Scripture identifies attributes such as sincerity, humility, simplicity, and trusting as qualities found in children, and God treasures these characteristics (Matt. 18:3; 19:14; Phil. 2:15).If children matter this much to God, then they should matter as much to us, too. It is vital that we take children seriouslyas the heritage of the Lord